Wednesday, March 18, 2009

And all it takes is a little practice...

The goal is almost in my hands! I was a bit disappointed when I didn't do so well on the Ultimate Practice Test. I immediately knew that I need A LOT more practice if I was going to score above a 750. Its not an easy task scoring in the 99th percentile.

So I worked through several batches of problems yesterday and decided to try my hand at another practice test today - CAT 4. The math wasn't too bad - seemed easier actually. Maybe it's because of constant practice of Kaplan problems. Whatever the reasoning may be, I am proud to say: Quantitative Percentile 99%!!!!!! Unfortunately, I still got 6 questions wrong - bummer! None were in the first 10 and they were all equally spaced after.
- Breakdown:
- Data Sufficiency: 73%
- Problem Solving: 91%

Verbal - oh verbal. So my problem with Verbal is that I get tired and lazy when I get to the section. Its not difficult and I answer the questions correctly when I go back for a second try. It's just pure laziness. I need to sit through a few more practice exams and build some stamina.
- Critical Reasoning: 29% [OUCH!]
- Reading Comprehension: 63%
- Sentence Correction: 85%
- Short Passage: 67%
*Reading comp failure is due to my lack of concentration and fatigue. Though on UPT day RC: 38%, SP: 50%

Task at Hand:
- Countless Data Sufficiency and Critical Reasoning Questions need to be done
- Need to throw in a few Reading Comps
- Have 4 more CATs to work on

Left to Achieve: 90 Points

“You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.”

No comments:

Post a Comment